SEER for Manufacturing (SEER-MFG):
Increase Profits, Reduce Costs, Understand Improvement Opportunities
Cost is a key variable in so many product designs. And 70% of the cost is locked into the product by the design. Yet most organizations can't quantify costs up front. SEER for Manufacturing provides those costs and cost risks up front, while you can still do something about them.
Make determinations in minutes rather than waiting weeks. Get insight to why knowing the “Should Cost” of your products will facilitate your company to win business, perform effectively, and increase profits. You need SEER for Manufacturing if:
- Your organization struggles to determine how much products should cost
- You are waiting for vendor quotes to decide whether your best option is to make or buy
- You need guidance for opportunities to improve cost
- You want to avoid overpaying if you buy
- Staff apply misconceptions about cost
- Much more
SEER for Manufacturing Can Change Your Corporate Culture to Total Cost Thinking
As SEER-MFG begins to put cost into focus, and as management changes the culture to one of total cost thinking... More thinking about payback, return on investment and other profit goals profits increase, time to market deceases, and the right decisions are made for the right reasons..
If your organization still uses traditional cost accounting for product cost decisions good proposals might fail. With SEER-MFG Behavior that actually lowers total cost can be encouraged.
SEER for Manufacturing INSTANTLY DETERMINES COST Directly or FROM 3D CAD MODELS
Whether you use SEER-MFG directly for its powerful costing and trade studies or use it along with a 3D model, SEER-MFG can revolutionize your development, manufacturing engineering and supply chain effectiveness.
SEER for Manufacturing Determines Costs From 2D Drawings Too
No 3D models, no problem. Many organizations with extremely complex products still have 2D drawings. For those organizations SEER for Manufacturing provides viable estimates with just those 2D drawing or other sources.
SEER-MFG with Direct Inputs
Describe the part, its requirements, constraints, and uncertainty. See how SEER quantifies costs, risks and improvement opportunities.
CAD to Cost With SEER
If you’re supporting design to cost efforts, generating part bids, or evaluating vendor proposals, you’ve likely wished for a way to make estimating more accurate and efficient.
At Galorath, we believe that being able to get from CAD to Cost offers significant advantages. So we’ve developed some game-changing solutions, which when added to your tool kit provide:
- Direct cost from solid model
- Effortless realization of cost from design: Avoid the laborious effort associated with rework of a design because it does not meet cost expectations
- Even quicker than SEER-MFG manually: Free up valuable resources to focus on more critical tasks/estimates
- Repeatable process: An expedited process consistent with ISO and other quality initiatives
- Optimizedcost with instant tradeoffs: Provides visibility of the cost drivers and promotes creative exploration for conceptual and detailed design alternatives
- Exposure of cost implications to your team: Make faster, better informed decisions with accountability and the agility to understand the implications of design decisions
- Bell achieves goal of 50% cost reduction – Attributes this success to the use of SEER® for its cost modeling
- AgustaWestland’s New Estimating Models Improve Engineering Efficiency
- Cost Estimation of Blender Using SEER-DFM (Student Paper)
- Cost Estimation of a GE Blender using SEER-DFM (Student Paper)
- Philips Healthcare’s First Year of SEER Use Saves 1.5 Million Euros
- Implementing a Process and Estimation Tool to Ensure Engineers Are Prepared
- SEER Reduces Time to Calculate Cost by 75 Percent
- Saving an Estimated $1.2 Billion with a Design-to-Cost Methodology
- Grab the Winning Edge with an Estimation Tool
- Manufacturer Saves 300 Person-Days Annually, Generates Answers it Can Trust
Let's Get Technical
Plan, Manage, and Control Manufacturing Projects and Processes
- SEER for Manufacturing
- SEER 3D
- SEER Sheet Metal Cost Estimator
- SEER Machining Cost Estimator inside CATIA
The best design in the world is destined to fail if it can’t be efficiently and reliably manufactured. Where SEER for Hardware evaluates and analyzes product options, SEER for Manufacturing (SEER-MFG) focuses on manufacturing project and process options, and can be used to model virtually any manufacturing operation.
Project Estimation Software - A key component of a complete Design for Manufacturability. Enables organizations to optimize both functional design and costs for production, providing a realistic and manageable view of production costs, labor, materials, tooling, set-up and rework.
Cost Management Software - A key component of a Design to Cost solution, SEER-MFG is widely used by manufacturing outsourcers to develop “should-cost” guidelines, and by manufacturing subcontractors who need to reduce bid preparation time and error rates, and to quickly determine when not bidding at all is the best option.
A broad set of manufacturing processes is supported, including company-defined processes:
All SEER project management software solutions are built on the same design principles, incorporating the following application elements:
An intuitive interface for defining and describing projects. Users can generate a new project from an existing project “template” or by adding and defining individual work elements. A series of pop-up windows and annotations guide users through the process of defining project scope, complexity, and technologies.
Sophisticated sector-specific mathematical models derived from extensive project histories, behavioral models, and metrics.
SEER Knowledge Bases serve as a virtual “in-house expert,” providing default project definitions, values, ranges, and calibrations based on time and motion studies. Enables users to develop first-look estimates when very little information is known, and to refine those estimates as details become available.
A variety of charts, graphs, and reports for quickly summarizing and presenting project outcomes and alternatives as well as work-in-progress.
Open architecture and APIs ensure that SEER applications can be easily integrated with departmental productivity solutions and enterprise applications.
SEER MFG (formerly SEER-DFM) was designed to enable both intermittent and advanced users in management, finance, engineering, industrial design, and manufacturing to evaluate process options and tradeoffs impacting such factors as ease of fabrication and assembly, number and availability of parts, materials selection, and failure and repair rates. As with all SEER project estimating software solutions users can optimize their process strategy by performing extensive trade-off analyses – varying assumptions and options to determine what manufacturing strategy is likely to produce the best outcome. The results of these analyses can be documented and shared using SEER’s rich reporting capabilities, as well as exported to numerous 3rd-party applications.
Enabling organizations to model a broad range of manufacturing processes, SEER for Manufacturing provides a strong adjunct to traditional project estimating software, cost estimating software, and workflow software solutions.
For information about the extended SEER for manufacturing cost estimating software product line, go to: