The advantages of outsourcing a project can be substantial – allowing your organization to free up internal resources, gain access to world-class capabilities, and increase revenue potential. Of course, there can also be significant cost savings.
However, to utilize these advantages, you must have a clear understanding of what you should be paying for an outsourced project. Without knowing the “should cost”, there is a strong likelihood that you will either be paying too much or requiring more hands-on attention than you originally anticipated.
A should cost analysis provides a solution that can give you the knowledge, data, and framework to empower you with the information you need to determine fair market pricing when negotiating with outsourced vendors. With the SEER project management tools from Galorath, you can create an accurate should cost model that enables you to effectively negotiate with suppliers while maximizing profitability through the optimization of a variety of critical parameters.
SEER’s “should cost” models provide the credible and defendable estimates necessary to effectively negotiate and give the insight to compare outsourcing options with in-house capabilities.
For nearly three decades, Galorath Incorporated has been dedicated to the mathematical science of parametrics in the application of cost estimation technology, developing solutions that assist project estimation, planning and management. SEER by Galorath solutions combine an intuitive interface, extensive project-applicable knowledge bases, sophisticated should-cost and project-modeling technologies and rich reporting features to accurately forecast real-world outcomes by combining advanced modeling technology with a database of industry and user-defined metrics.
- SEER for Software provides a systematic approach for estimating the resources and scheduling that software development and maintenance projects require. Along with an unparalleled capability for trade-off and risk analysis, SEER contributes to the generation of realistic project plans, thus increasing the probability of a project’s success.
- SEER for Hardware, Electronics and Systems provides total cost of ownership for the development of components, systems and integrated product assemblies from concept through design, test, production, operations and support.
- SEER for IT enables organizations to develop an early, accurate assessment of costs, schedules and risks for IT projects and their operations, helping to maximize productivity and output with fixed or declining budgets.
- SEER for Manufacturing estimates part and assembly manufacturing costs. All state-of-practice and state-of-the art manufacturing processes are supported and are routinely updated.
- The SEER for
- plug-in expands the capabilities of SEER for Hardware, Electronics & Systems, allowing you to perform a full lifecycle cost for space, manned aircraft, unmanned aircraft and missile based EO sensors.
- The SEER-IC Integrated Circuit Estimation Model provides the automated tools you need to estimate the costs, schedules, and risks associated with developing and producing Application Specific Integrated Circuits (ASICs), Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs) and Radio Frequency Integrated Circuits (RFICs).