This workshop will introduce the audience to the Software Estimation Process using Function Based Sizing. Attendees will understand the terminology and methodology behind Function Based Sizing, including: external inputs, external outputs, external queries, internal logical files, external interface files and internal functions. Students will also apply the concepts of Function Based Sizing to a practical Case Study and apply the Function Based Sizing process to a Real Life Situation.
Introduction to Function Points Workshop
- February 28-March 1, 2019 – El Segundo, CA
Introduction to Function Points Software Sizing Workshop Two Day Workshop Outline
- Why software sizing and measurement?
- Function point analysis (FPA) basic terminology
- Benefits – why, when, where, and how to use FPA
- Function Point Counting Process
- FP count scope and application boundary
- FPA definitions
- Data functions
- Transactional functions
- Functional size measurement
- Value adjustment factor
- Case Studies
- What’s Next?
SEER for Software Users