You Need To Accurately Estimate…
One-Of-A-Kind, Mission-Critical Space Systems
SEER for Space is a model for estimating the cost of robotic earth orbiting and planetary spacecraft. It’s a unique tool that provides unparalleled insight into costs of space projects.
- Accurate quick-turn estimates provide real numbers early in the project.
- Save millions (even billions) by determining real costs before fully funding.
- Determine affordability or unaffordability whenever committing a budget is in question.
- Cloud Deployment or On-Premises
Space Projects Are Naturally Exciting
And, By Nature, Also Full Of Unknowns
Space and everything space-related inspire wonder in all of us. Exploring the unknown opens all kinds of possibilities. But, when you’re responsible for those spacecraft and instruments, many of the unknowns are very challenging.
With space hardware, you are often estimating a project that is cutting-edge and unique. That means there is a great deal of uncertainty.
You’re often faced with decisions on budgetary allocations. Which projects are money pits? And which can be affordably completed with results that justify the investment?
You’re bidding on spacecraft projects, and profitability depends on your accurately estimating costs.
You require reliable visibility of true costs, because wrong decisions can cost taxpayers billions.
There is nothing like SEER available elsewhere. It’s been a game-changer for us that has given us the competitive edge we’ve been looking for.
SEER for SPACE Draws From NASA’S Cost Database
Estimate Future Space Costs Based On Previous Actuals
SEER for Space estimates key instruments and spacecraft subsystems, and covers the entire lifecycle cost. Estimating at the subsystem level, SEER for Space provides higher-level estimates. SEER for Hardware provides more granular, component-level models and works seamlessly with SEER for Space.
SEER for Space’s internal database draws from the costs and technical and programmatic parameters of actual NASA missions for a comprehensive variety of recent missions. Galorath subject matter experts also contribute extensive research, and draw from other relevant data sources. Altogether, you have access to an incomparable database of space information for estimation.
- Provides early estimation of space missions when little information is known (pre-phase A/SRR and up to Milestone C/CDR).
- Serves as a cross check of your estimated costs throughout the project.
- SEER for Space covers all elements of NASA and DoD Work Breakdown Structures.
- Using the latest machine learning techniques, SEER for Space provides the user with confidence that the Cost Estimating Relationships (CERs) will generalize well when used for prediction.
- SEER for Space is able to model NASA Class A, B, C and D standards.
- SEER for Space is able to model a variety of acquisition categories, including traditional government as well as commercial projects.
Know The Additional Engineering Development Effort Required…
To Mature A Technology Of Technical Readiness Levels to Level 6
With NASA missions, you’re trying to advance the technology, not just doing the same thing over again. You need cutting-edge technologies, and that often requires maturing existing technologies.
SEER for Space calculates the cost of maturing existing technologies for your space project. You start off the project knowing that specific technologies require development to fit the needs of the new mission. Obviously these are unknown numbers, and you need to know them early in the project. With SEER for Space, you actually have the ability to quantify the impact of technology growth on cost.
SEER For Space Estimates Costs For Both Spacecraft Buses And Instruments
And It Models More Types Of Space Instruments Than Any Other Tool
SEER for Space models both Earth and deep space missions, and types of spacecraft such as orbiters, flybys, landers, and rovers. You can see the impact that changes in spacecraft design have on cost. When you change the design of the spacecraft, SEER for Space estimates the correlating change in cost. You can also determine how reuse and heritage affect cost.
SEER for Space can model all standard instrument types, plus recent advanced applications. In fact, it can model more variations of instrument types than the NASA instrument cost model does. Note that Instrument Trade-Off Electronics is modeled separately, to allow for more flexible trade-offs instrument suites. These are some of the cutting edge instruments SEER for Space can model for you.
- Radars, including synthetic aperture
- Lasers, including optical transceivers
- Special elements for telescopes and cryocoolers
Let Us Show You How…
Set up a 15-minute conversation with a solutions specialist to discuss your pressing issues and learn more about SEER.
If we both agree that SEER could solve your problems, we’ll set up a custom demo with a product expert.