A Credible And Accepted Costing Framework For Hardware
Component-Based Parametric Modeling:
- Develop cost proposals that win new business.
- Use a model the government (and many contractors) trust to conduct independent cost estimates.
- Convey a powerful Basis Of Estimate (BOE) story.
- Assess the credibility of vendor proposals or quotes.
- Evaluate large and complex designs, knowing you’re working with numbers correlated to historical actuals.
- Have a framework to support digital engineering methodologies or Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE).
- Perform fast cost tradeoff analysis, when quick decisions count.
- Cloud Deployment or On-Premises
You’re Doing Unique Hardware Designs (One-Off, Next Generation)
The costing process for hardware projects is time consuming, error prone, and opaque. Estimates often rely on engineering judgment, tribal knowledge, and various levels of costing skills. The numbers are only as good as the least skilled estimator.
Bottom-up estimation amounts to “made up” numbers and engineering guesstimates. It’s too prone to bias.
It’s too hard to find and adjust adequate analogous data points to prepare estimates.
Estimates are inconsistent from project to project, and vary depending on the experience level of the estimator.
Without a consistent set of inputs, it’s hard to accurately estimate what it’s going to cost to design, test, produce, and support your hardware project.
It takes too long to prepare cost numbers. You need a more efficient way to produce more proposals in a shorter time.
You end up with waste, cost overruns, canceled projects, and the churn of revising numbers to fit reality.
The beauty of using SEER’s knowledge bases is that SEER presets all the parameters. I don’t need to guess what the parameters should be.
SEER Optimizes Hardware Project Planning
Highly-Accurate And Credible Cost Estimates
SEER captures your organization’s way of doing business.
- It can estimate at a high level, or down to lower level components such as sensors, electronic boards, custom micro electronics, mechanical parts, and optics.
- Provides qualitative and quantitative inputs.
- Calculates development cost, one-time investment, plus recurring costs.
- Level of specificity includes designers, hardware, and testing. It also includes the systems engineers, the program managers, and the project managers.
- Covers labor, materials and other costs, including non-recurring engineering, recurring engineering, production, operations, and support.
- The model’s granularity includes technical readiness levels, maturity of the teams doing the work, and technical and non-technical drivers.
- You can use your own data to tune the model to produce even more accurate future estimates.
SEER for Hardware can also easily be paired with other SEER products to develop a “Total System Vision” for more complex projects.
Predictive Cost Analysis and Optimization
Redefine cost management with Galorath’sand
- Reliability: Trust in SEER, our flagship predictive costing tool, backed by over three decades of industry experience.
- Broad Training Scope: Enhance your skillset with our diverse cost-centric, analysis, and financial management courses.
- Expert Services: Leverage the expertise of our highly respected professional services group.
Sign up for a free consultation and learn how Galorath provides a smarter, data-driven approach to your business decisions.
Global organizations count on Galorath for keen insights into cost optimization and should-cost analysis.
We take privacy seriously. Your information is secure an will never be sold to a third-party.
“We have been using SEER since 2012 and have gained a lot of speed, providing a different estimation, and it is even easier to use. We recommend 100% the use of SEER by Galorath for cost estimation.”