A Credible And Accepted Costing Framework For Hardware
Component-Based Parametric Modeling:
- Develop cost proposals that win new business.
- Use a model the government (and many contractors) trust to conduct independent cost estimates.
- Convey a powerful Basis Of Estimate (BOE) story.
- Assess the credibility of vendor proposals or quotes.
- Evaluate large and complex designs, knowing you’re working with numbers correlated to historical actuals.
- Have a framework to support digital engineering methodologies or Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE).
- Perform fast cost tradeoff analysis, when quick decisions count.
You’re Doing Unique Hardware Designs (One-Off, Next Generation)
The costing process for hardware projects is time consuming, error prone, and opaque. Estimates often rely on engineering judgment, tribal knowledge, and various levels of costing skills. The numbers are only as good as the least skilled estimator.
Bottom-up estimation amounts to “made up” numbers and engineering guesstimates. It’s too prone to bias.
It’s too hard to find and adjust adequate analogous data points to prepare estimates.
Estimates are inconsistent from project to project, and vary depending on the experience level of the estimator.
Without a consistent set of inputs, it’s hard to accurately estimate what it’s going to cost to design, test, produce, and support your hardware project.
It takes too long to prepare cost numbers. You need a more efficient way to produce more proposals in a shorter time.
You end up with waste, cost overruns, canceled projects, and the churn of revising numbers to fit reality.
The beauty of using SEER’s knowledge bases is that SEER presets all the parameters. I don’t need to guess what the parameters should be.
SEER Optimizes Hardware Project Planning
Highly-Accurate And Credible Cost Estimates
SEER captures your organization’s way of doing business.
- It can estimate at a high level, or down to lower level components such as sensors, electronic boards, custom micro electronics, mechanical parts, and optics.
- Provides qualitative and quantitative inputs.
- Calculates development cost, one-time investment, plus recurring costs.
- Level of specificity includes designers, hardware, and testing. It also includes the systems engineers, the program managers, and the project managers.
- Covers labor, materials and other costs, including non-recurring engineering, recurring engineering, production, operations, and support.
- The model’s granularity includes technical readiness levels, maturity of the teams doing the work, and technical and non-technical drivers.
- You can use your own data to tune the model to produce even more accurate future estimates.
SEER for Hardware can also easily be paired with other SEER products to develop a “Total System Vision” for more complex projects.
Let Us Show You How…
Set up a 15-minute conversation with a solutions specialist to discuss your pressing issues and learn more about SEER.
If we both agree that SEER could solve your problems, we’ll set up a custom demo with a product expert.