Part-Time Contractor Performing Dev Ops duties as Webmaster
NO AGENCIES PLEASE, NO SUBCONTRACTING.
PREFERENCE GIVEN TO DIGITAL NOMADS / VAN LIFE FOLKS OR MILITARY VETERANS.
We are seeking a contractor for an ongoing part-time role starting at 5-10 hours per week. Reports directly to Chief Marketing Officer.
The four areas that we need help in are Maintenance & Security, Site Performance (speed/mobile usability), SEO and Adding Content.
We have specific things that need to be done now. Others can wait, hours permitting. This is a long-term, scalable role for the right person.
- Prior experience providing website maintenance / webmaster duties
- Reliable internet connection
- Experience locking down (securing) WordPress from exploits
- Experience performing weekly & monthly maintenance on a WordPress site, updating plugins etc.
- Experience with GTM Google Tag Manager
- Experience using a browser plugin to determine that tags are firing properly
- Experience setting up recurring site backups using something like Updraft
- Experience optimizing a WordPress website for page speed and page experience
- Knowledge of site-side SEO (image optimization/reduction, xml site maps, indexing, title, alt tag updates)
- Experience with Contact Form 7 and/or Gravity Forms
- cPanel & hosting experience (WPEngine)
- Be responsive (within reason) by Slack channel, email & occasional video calls
- Experience with CloudFlare CDN, other CDN, image cacheing
- SSH/FTP etc.
- DNS registry experience
- Be organized and proactive (identify problems & recommend solutions)
- Operate relatively autonomously, with minimal management
- Be a freelancer and not an agency
- Be the person doing the work (no subcontracting)
- Be available for a video interview
- Experience with WordFence or Securi plugins
- Experience with landing page development, either via WP or an external service like Unbounce
- Experience working with Canna Theme
- Experience with Google Analytics, GA4, goals setup, reporting, alerts
- Experience with Zapier
- Experience working agile sprints
If this is you, please provide a cover letter of introduction and anything else you’d like us to review for consideration, along with your hourly rate.
Adam Boettiger [email protected]