I think I have said this before but the minus of being a bigger company is I don't get to participate in very many development reviews. But the positive is when I see something like SEER estimate Central I am blown away all at once. A year or two ago one of our customers implemented something sort of like this internally so they could see demand in terms of staff required, staff available, overstaffing and much more. The new SEER estimate centeral does all this and much more. Traditional, Agile or hybrid... understand organizational staffing, costing and any other issues. …
What a pleasure it was to attend the ICEAA conference in Atlanta. I had the opportunity to present the attached slide deck, developed by Steven Woodward of Cloud Perspectives and myself, on “cloud costing.”
When someone asks me if cloud is cheaper than on-premise the answer is, "It depends."
It is always interesting to see how many people think cloud is a magic bullet, reducing costs to almost nothing. That is sometimes true. And often cloud costs are as high or higher than on-premise.
Still, there are many reasons to consider cloud such as:
- Quick deployment with SaaS if you
The Government Accountability Office has released draft guidance for Cybersecurity policy for agencies and contractors. The review period goes until September 10, 2015.
They included 8 major recommendations:
1. US government coordination
2. US. government participation in cybersecurity standards development
3. Development of timely and technically sound standards and assessment
4. Government and commercial collaboration in standards development
5. Improving international coordination and information sharing
6. Support and expanding standards training for federal agency staff
7. Developing cybersecurity standards that minimize privacy risk
8. Using relevant international standards where possible
NIST Special Publication 800-37, …
SEER-IT is a versatile application that enables you to estimate IT infrastructure deployment as well as operations. It is easy to see how SEER-IT can be used to estimate deployment and support of enterprise IT systems. However, SEER-IT can be very effective in estimating the deployment and operations of systems that use custom hardware interconnected by IT based technologies.
This presentation will show:
- How SEER-IT can be used to estimate the deployment and operations of the IT based technologies prevalent in network centric systems (NCS)
- How to estimate the required systems engineering needed to bring estimating
- Where and when to